A CLASS FOR PUPPIES AGED FROM 14 WEEKS TO 6 MONTHS
The following exercises are covered:
- HEELING on a loose lead
- LEAD held in both hands
- TURNS (ref page 7/8) of manual
- CHANGE OF POSITION
- SIT (from heel position, hands on)
- STAND (from heel position, hands on)
- DROP (from heel position, hands on)
- SIT STAY (to end of dogs nose)
- STAND FOR EXAMINATION (hands on)
- RETRIEVE toy
Handlers train their dogs with food or a toy (non-squeaky) and plenty of praise.
When a puppy graduates from puppy class a ribbon will be awarded. Puppies and handlers will be assessed and will graduate into the appropriate mainstream class.